Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How To Take Good Care Of Your Hair


The fall is here and the cruel cold weather is getting ready to mess up our hair. The wind is blowing, the temperatures are decreasing and the rain is falling; all the reasons why it is important to take extra good care of your locks so you can look fresh all through the winter!

Washing The Hair

There’s nothing more beautiful than newly washed hair, but too much of it, will damage it.
  • If you wash your hair on a daily basis, start washing it every other day. Your hair will get used to it and won’t get oily as much as it does now that you wash it every day.
A couple of years back, I stopped using regular shampoos and switched to organic and eco-friendly once.
  • They don’t have the amazing scents as some of the regular ones have, but they keep the hair cleaner for a longer period of time because they don’t have synthetic ingredients like silicone in them. At the same time they nourish your hair.

Hairdresser Appointment

When I was younger I didn’t pay attention to quality as much as I do now at 25. I didn’t get regular haircuts and I dyed my own hair. When I was 15 I even tried to cut it! Needless to say, it was no success!
I’ve had long hair almost all my life, but one day 3 years ago I decided to cut it off and get a bob! It was the best thing I could’ve done to my hair. Even though it was a drastic change (I had weird dreams about my long hair for about a week), the haircut resulted in much healthier, prettier, shinier and thicker hair.
Now, I get regular haircuts, which means every 2 months I visit my hairdresser. I’ve had the same hairdresser for the past three years, so he knows exactly how I want my hair and I feel safe in his hands, making the trips so much more fun!

The Right Tools

Washing your hair and using hair masks while going to the hairdresser regularly will get you a long way, but when you get home and start styling your hair, the tools you’re using are determining both your hairdo and the state of your hair.
The day my hairdresser used the ghd hair straighteneron my hair for the first time, I discovered that hair from all the commercials on TV was a possibility in real life too. I have since bought my own and cannot imagine styling my hair without it!
I have long and thick hair and regular stylers could never make it as fine and straight as a ghd styler can. It literally takes 10 minutes to get my hair ready and it becomes so smooth and shiny! Just make sure to use heat protection sprays before blow-drying or straightening your hair!
original source 

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...